How to Sell on Amazon: The Ultimate Guide
This guide aims to be an informative and definitive guide to setting up your own Amazon business. Whether you are completely new to the platform, or have some experience and are looking to grow your sales, we take a look at everything you need to know, from buying your merchandise, setting up your Amazon account, and tips to help you make the most of what an Amazon account has to offer.
Taking advantage of the growing number of people that buy online, Amazon has turned from an online bookstore to a worldwide service that sells anything and everything – And now anyone can get involved.
Amazon has enabled small business owners and online sellers to grab their share of the online sales market by providing a global platform.
You could also turn to the increasingly popular method of buying wholesale merchandise and selling it on Amazon with a small markup. In order to give your Amazon business the best possible advantage, thorough research and to find a niche market that is under supplied, before you start looking at where to purchase your products.
You’re likely to be familiar with Amazon, and know something about the way it operates, but how much do you really know?
Once you have your products sourced, how are you going to sell them? Directly to your customers, using Amazon as simply a platform to reach them, in the way you would on sites like eBay, or send your goods off to Amazon themselves, so they can package them and send them out to customers?
What are the pricing structures for the different services, and which are open to new sellers?
The following chapters will provide you with guidance to answer all these questions, and more, and will help you to decide what kind of Amazon business is right for you.
So, let’s find out everything you need to start and grow an Amazon business:
- Amazon Marketplace is the ideal place to sell your merchandise.
- Becoming a Seller is both easy and affordable.
- Seller Central allows you to manage your account, your inventory, your pricing, etc.
- How to optimize your product listing by choosing a good product title
- How to use images to make your product more attractive
- How to use bullet points and product description to help potential customer connect with your product
- How to research your product sources through directories and trade publications
- How to use liquidators as a source for your products
- How to choose profitable products to sell on Amazon
- The importance of pricing your products competitively
- How to use SEO, listings and keywords to improve your products’ search rankings
- The importance of offering excellent customer service
- The options for order fulfillment: FBA and MFN
- The pros and cons of choosing FBA, including conditions and fees
- How to use the FBA Revenue Calculator
- That Seller Fulfilled Prime allows you to list your products as Prime without using FBA
- The pros and cons and how to qualify for Seller Fulfilled Prime
- How to get your products into the ‘Buy Box’
- The importance of pricing for winning the ‘Buy Box’
- Flash Sale! 4 Pallets – 304 Pcs – Receivers, CD Players, Turntables, Other, Lighting & Light Fixtures, Samsung – Customer Returns – Audio-Technica, Mainstays, Motorola, Samsung
USD $1,601.0051 BidsEnds
- USD $46,748.81 MSRP
Untested Customer ReturnsQty: 3044 Pallets (2350)Ships from: Fort Worth, TX
- Flash Sale! Truckload – 26 Pallets – 979 Pcs – Kitchen & Dining, Storage & Organization, Kitchen & Bath Fixtures, Camping & Hiking – Customer Returns – Foodsaver, PEET Dryer, Energy Technology Labs, Mainstays
USD $3,300.0011 BidsEnds
- USD $75,894.00 MSRP
Untested Customer ReturnsQty: 979Truckload (9764.02)Ships from: Frankfort, KY
- Flash Sale! 12 Pallets – 1548 Pcs – Bath, Home Health Care, Outdoor Sports, Boats & Water Sports – Customer Returns – Better Homes & Gardens, Mainstays, Taylor, Health o Meter
USD $550.0016 BidsEnds
- USD $41,362.26 MSRP
Untested Customer ReturnsQty: 154812 Pallets (6750)Ships from: Greenfield, IN